Thursday, November 08, 2007

E.A.S.T. Preview Party!

So, I don't have a Fun Fun Fun Fest recap. There are good recaps here... (Austinist)

Next weekend is one of my favorite weekend's in Austin events, the East Austin Studio Tour. E.A.S.T. (acronym for it's namesake) began 3 years ago with just under 80 studios participating. This year there are over 100 studios, featuring over 200 artists! Gina Pina and I have usually taken full advantage of the weekend; bicycling from out eastside home to studios near and far. Bicycling is the ONLY way to see this festival. SURE you could drive from studio to studio, but its so much better cycling your way around the east side to truly take in all the sights, sounds, smells, dogs....

I organized a preview party to highlight some of the artists, plus feature live music from Ct. Dracula's Weed Smugglin Jam Engine (see my recent review of them) and Basic (one of my local pop fav's). Monday November 12th @ Emo's Lounge. You should come!

www.koop.org for details

No comments: