Friday, November 16, 2007

AVALANCHE!!!!

Holy Cannolli!
My favorite band (one of my deserted island picks) The Octopus Project is finally home from a very very very extended tour and they are playing TONIGHT at Emo's. I've had their new album, Hello, Avalanche, on heavy rotation. I love it! I think last time I wrote about it my favorite was "Ghost Moves", a heavy metal octopus, but now I am listening to "Bees Been Strugglin" alot.

Additionaly, one of my local fav's, Horse+Donkey, is opening. WOW! Two favs in one night, my head might explode. I can tell you this... "the dance party never stops"!

I've got to keep a semi-straight head though, because I'm waking up early tomorrow (for skate practice... sk8 sk8 sk8) and to venture out into the East Austin Studio Tour - EASTside! I'm so excited, damn straight, I've been awaiting this event for MONTHS! I'm going to Obsolete Inc., Bearded Lady, Splinter Group, Pump Project, Bolm Studios, Handsomely Brothers?, and sooooo much more. Get your bike geared up, that's how we roll. It's Saturday AND Sunday.

As if there wasn't already enough awesomeness occuring this weekend, Saturday night Black Moth Super Rainbow plays at Emo's with Aesop Rock and Blochead!

I'll say it again.... HOLY CANNOLLI!!!!!!

No comments: