Monday, December 03, 2007

Looking back and stepping ahead....

Wow, I can't believe 07 is almost over. F*&#in Sh*t

Well, I would have to say this has certainly been one of the more crazy (and busy) years of life. In a rough estimate I've personally seen over 65 music shows/events (most with 3 bands playing), played in 6ish derby bouts, attended 3 (or was it 4) music festivals, and heard countless hours of local music recorded for my enjoyment. Hey look, I'm still standing (though there was that incident that needed crutches).

In the coming weeks Dg and I will begin reflecting on the "Best of' 07's". If you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them. We're going to work on getting live music from our fave's in this month.

I think..... 08 is going to rock! There are a couple of new new new bands that I'm really excited to follow in the new year.... Follow That Bird!, The Black & White Years, Ct. Dracula.... Then there are those which we know, but don't play that much... Low Line Caller, Belaire, The Diagonals... and of course my trusty old favorites.... Octopus Project, Horse+Donkey, Lemurs, Peel, Strange Boys....

*sigh* it's a wonderful life (a crazy one, but crazy wonderful)

No comments: